shoes: converse brand. skirt: american eagle. shirt: old navy. necklace: forever21. hair flower barrettes: gift. bracelet: hawaii. belt: son's old Halloween pirate costume (thrifted).
It's that time of the month again, ladies. No, not that time of the month. I mean the time for Everybody, Everywhere to wear yellow. And so I did. Do. Will. Five miles uphill both ways in snow that was waist-deep with nothing but holey socks for shoes...

I'm getting old, friends. Here's proof: (a) I turned off the radio in the car because it was "too much racket." (b) I used the phrase "too much racket." (c) I can't eat as many cinnamon bears as I used to. (d) I don't even want to. (e) I go to bed before the summer sun does. (f) I spied some off-white geriatric shoes the other day and thought of ways I could style them because they looked soooooo comfy. (g) My hip pops and creaks when I get up from the couch... (h) ...a process that takes about 14 minutes and involves a lot of huffing and puffing and heaving and rocking back to propel myself up-and-off. (i) I went for comfy over styled for this yellow challenge. I know what you're thinking ("well, floss my dentures and chew my flaxseeds!") because that's what I thought, too.

Also...Remember back when I started the 30x30? Somehow, I only ended up with 23 items. I don't know if the others were in the wash, or if I just lost them altogether and forgot about them or what...but I realized yesterday that, no, my aging eyes were not deceiving me and that, yes, I was staring at the same things over and over. And over. And those things numbered only 23. Alzheimers ahoy.

So. It's almost 4:00. Time to think about eating some dinner. Preferably something involving bran and greens. (Could I make any more stereotypical old-people references in this post? Doubtful...)

Happy Tuesday!



Want this look?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top