it is steamy hot again in sydney. the constant change in weather is making me dizzzzzy... but it does give me a chance to drag out those gorgeous summer dresses for one last twirl. I wore a very pale blue frock today with itty bitty polka dots, capped sleeves and a lovely tie waist; the perfect dress for flowers in your hair/sunshine lunch in the park/tap dancing in the gutter.

Today i lay in the park at lunch with my friend april, who is ever so stylish. "April," asked I, as we lounged on our backs in the grass, staring up at the dappled leaves twinkling in the bright light of the sun. "What clothes will I be wearing this winter?" She gave my question deep thought before turning over onto her side and propping herself up on one elbow. "Lots of geometrics... black and white, stacks of fabulous bright prints - think tribal! It's all about power dressing - high waisted skirts, shoulder pads [cue ness shuddering], wide glossy belts. Lots of leather teamed with lace, v.high shoe-boots - edgy but glamourous - pair with red lippy and smudgy kohl eyeliner." 

Ah, don't you love this time of year, when the next season's fashion is just out of reach but still close enough to dream about? Close enough that you can practically picture yourself dashing through blustery rain in glossy ankle boots and a high collared crisp white shirt, but still far enough way that money really isn't an issue... 

Later that day, I ate dinner at Govindas, a Darlinghurst institution who serve a buffet-style vegetarian feast, and upstairs, an intimate movie theatre which boasts squishy sofas and cushions and has a strict NO SHOES policy. I skipped the film but gorged on the dahl+lentils+pappadums+salad+bread, which are all truly amazing and leave you feeling very sleepy and content. I twirly-twirled home through the Cross in my dotty frock, past the bikies and the hookers and the tune-deaf busker who sings sesame street over and over with a monkey puppet on his hand, all the way home to miss holly who promptly bit my ear. bless her little socks...

ness x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top