please say hello to the newest member of the ness family.... holly golightly! 

Nope, not the fictional character with a penchant for the powder room but a tiny grey-white kitten i found in Kings Cross about a week ago. Either she was dumped or escaped somewhere, but she was horribly skinny and dirty when i found her, and so hungry that she ate about two cans of tuna on the first night. The vet estimates about 9 weeks old; she is terribly affectionate but mad as a hatter. 


her likes: pouncing, eating salmon skin, licking my nose, nibbling my toes
dislikes: vegetables, the washing machine, being told what to do, running water

I didn't plan on getting a pet, but like in breakfast at tiffany's, i guess we just kinda 'hooked up by the river one day'. It seems a bit cruel to give her away when i am perfectly capable of giving her a home....

Australia Day tomorrow... not sure what i love more: the chance to celebrate my fave country in true aussie style with beer and snags, or having a day off work. I'm off to the triple j hottest 100 broadcast in Paramatta Park tomorrow which i'm so excited about. Has been a fab year for music so am really curious to see who makes it into the final countdown. My bet for top position is either Kings of Leon's Sex on Fire or MGMT's Electric Feel.  I hope it's MGMT; you all know my stance on Sex on Fire by now i'm sure...

ness x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top