how great is it when a bunch of tiny good things become the subliminal building blocks of a good day? this morning my coffee was perfect, the new Vogue landed on my desk just in time for lunch in the park, i finished some work i had been procrastinating over, and I downloaded the newest episode of The Office from iTunes. hurrah! 

right now i am reading.... Giselle Scanlon's newest book: The Goddess Experience ($39.99, Harper Collins).It is the companion to her best-selling The Goddess Guide (the decadent flocked cover was enough to draw any fashionista in). Like it's older (but none the wiser) sister, The Goddess Experience is jam-packed full of Giselle's European adventures. 


The Irish-born fashion journalist shares with us her London shopping tips, the best place to buy melt-in-your-mouth macaroons in Paris, what inspires fashion queen Vivienne Westwood and tries to answer that interminable question: what makes us happy? Giselle is my modern-day Jane Austen and without doubt always manages to inspire me when I'm suffering from a case of the mean reds. 


It's a must-read! Have a fabulous friday everyone - eat some cake, drink some beer and wear a pretty frock (at least that's what I'll be doing...)

ness x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top