I have a theory about pay day: it's always the first weekend that ruins you. Every month it follows the same pattern... a nice little lump sum lands in your account, the numbers glow and you feel... RICH! it's at this stage that I start to fantasise about all the things that i could do with my loot. a weekend away in melbourne perhaps? oooh witchery boots! or that new art book in Ariel that I've been coveting...

But then I remember that paying rent and bills and groceries and insurance and train tickets leaves nothing more than a sad little pile of dirty coins and a couple of tenners. sigh. so I pledge that for the first weekend after pay day, my purse strings will stay tied tight. NO spending, I tell myself, and usually I stay true to my promise for a coupe of days at least. This month? Well, it's officially a record. That's right my lovelies, I lasted exactly 32 hours before blowing a significant amount of my pennies at Country Road. A couple of the girls in the office are bestowed with little gold country road VIP cards which entitle them to a veeery nice 30% off. How could a girl resist? (and, I convinced myself, I really really needed more tops). I loveee everything that they have in store at the moment, spesh all those fab chunky knits. I scored a long sleeve silk white blouse, a little grey and white pleated camisole that will go very nicely thankyou with my black blazer and the cutest blue and white cap sleeved blouse that boasts a high neck and floppy bow.

hmmm two days into the pay month and only, what? 28 to go? i predict a "how-to-do-a-weekend-on-a-budget" post coming very soon...

oh yes, also wanted to share this photo with you. Snapped at approx 5pm from my office window; isn't this the most luminous sunrise you've ever seen? 




ness x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top