well, look at this. I'm back...

It's been such an awfully long time and I've missed you all, so much. No, really, I have! There's a little ache in my heart every time i greedily read a beautiful blog and i wistfully think of this, sitting here, waiting ever so patiently.

I'm not sure how often I'll be posting but... I really want this to work out so: new rules. I spend my days writing and find it oh so hard to think of anything more substantial than 'please pass the milk' at the end of a long day. so not as much writing this time peeps. the other thing that i spend my days doing is reading... blogs, zines, magazines and supplements and newspapers from all over the world. hopefully i can condense some of my favourite links and stories here for you. and, of course, lots of beautiful photographs for you to feast your beady little eyes on. so, shall we get started?


i want to EAT this chair.


It's made out of bread, how genius is that? though i can't imagine being able to sit still for very long without turning around and sneakily nibbling the seat frame. i'll have extra virgin olive oil and lashing of balsamic vinegar with mine, please...



Lovely Anna Fraser is a sydney-based illustrator who i've recently discovered. i have a slightly unhealthy obsession with cards (what, it's not normal to hoard hundreds of still-wrapped-never-written-in cards in shoeboxes under the bed?) and laura's hand-painted watercolours depicting the absurdities (and funny little truths) of life hit the spot for me. from $10/each, etsy.com/annafraser




two blogs that just fill me with heart-soaring joy are bloesem and style-files. i have them to blame for wanting to rip out my entire courtyard (oops, can't. live in a sharehouse) and plant the prettiest god damn herb garden you've ever seen.

and it's no secret at the mag where i work that i ardently adore and fervently favour the color blue. cornflower blue, i DO love you! and oh! azure and periwinkle and sapphire and teal and tiffany blue. even the names make me feel giddy with happiness. Isn't this hue just divine? I could stare at it for hours. If anyone knows the shade i would be eternally grateful...


and this dreamy wall of crockery stacked high is from a Belgium house that was posted at style-files. i pine, i perish! my crockery collection is burgeoing but no where near as impressive as this (in fact, i do believe my rather modest collection of floral plates and mismatched teacups would fit into just one of those cubby holes. sigh)


one more find! i'm deliriously happy to announce that Lizzie Allen, reigning queen of the UK wallpaper scene, is finally able to purchase in australia. it's happy, happy day. only print so far - but lucky for us, its her iconic london telephone box design that makes me dizzy for the sights and smells of husty bustly london. from $850/print, visit quintessential duckeggBLUE for deets.


(anyone got a spare, oh, $850 lying about? I'll take coins, i ain't picky)

ness x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top