one of my favourite things to do on a friday night when i am without plans (or sufficient funds) is catch a 6.45 yoga class, pull a rainy day dvd off the shelf and eat a steamy bowl of udon noodle soup. 

As i walked home from yoga tonight, trying to balance my mat, purse, keys and japanese takeaway without much luck, the wind suddenly stopped. The air shifted; i could feel it cool on my cheeks. A blurry streaky mess of hot blues and dark indigo covered the sky, erupting in a series of spectacular light shows and casting shadows on the nearby city skyscrapers. The clouds swam recklessly before my eyes, quickly turning the colour of swollen bruises and spilling open to reveal thousands of tiny hot droplets, which ran rivulets down my temples and into the small of my back. 

The backpackers across the way are dancing in the rooftop in their underwear; fluro coloured sparklers alight from their fingertips. The drunk boys congregated in the main strip of the cross yelp and holler like adolescents, while the scantily dressed girls scream and grab at the ends of their chemically straightened hair. 

have a fabulous weekend my pets. i am planning to wine and dine with some old adelaide friends so i know i will :)

ness x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top