A stripey Wednesday at that. Not even on purpose, all three of us girls wore stripes today. (p.s. Seriously, where did Layla learn to pose like that? I tried to copy her, but she's much cuter at it.)



My only wish is that I could've had mustard-yellow tights to go with this. Which brings me to my brief point of introspection...

...which came to me whilst cleaning the bathrooms this morning. Sometimes I get caught up in wanting wanting wanting new stuff. Especially this time of year. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what I have, but...the appeal of newness gleams brightly. Then I thought about how we got new bathrooms after our flood a couple of years ago, and I was stoked about that. Then time went on, and they became less and less new. Especially with a 5- and then 6-year-old boy in the house. Like, disturbingly NOT new.

Epitome: If I take care of, clean, and enjoy what I have, new things aren't nearly as necessary. It's when I let things get old and dumpy and messy and junky that I'm dissatisfied.

And if THAT deep thinking doesn't just throw you right into a tailspin, well, I just don't know what to say. Go eat a stripey candy cane, I guess.

Happy Wednesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top