You know, sometimes things just don't work out as I'd planned, but there comes a point where one just has to roll with the punches. This outfit is evidence of that. Whatever.

Behind the Ensemble: I really really wanted to wear this flower headband that my friend made that I scored at a homemade gift exchange party the other night. Also, I wanted Casual Friday. ALSO also, my husband's coming home today from a weeklong work trip, so I wanted to be cute but not, like, all out-of-place fancy-schmancy like. That's a lot of wants, rolled into one.

So, yeah. I started with the headband. It's b&w, so I could pretty much go any which way with an outfit. Ooh, I forgot. I ALSO wanted (heh. greedy little bugger, aren't I?) to do this newish (to me) knot on my scarf. Unfortunately, a headband and a scarf do not an outfit make. I thought both of those items combined would be enough "fanciness" for Casual Friday, so I simplified the actual clothing items. Thin cotton long-sleeved hoodie, denim skirt, footless leggings, and simple metallic flats. The skirt doesn't fit the best, but...what can I say, I'm wearing what I own.

They're probably unnecessary (a nice way of saying "overkill"), but I added the belt and bracelet as afterthoughts -- the belt because the shirt's pretty shapeless. And the bracelet because, well, I just like bracelets.

Um, did I leave anything out? Don't think so. Not a rocket-science outfit, but it's comfy and versatile. 'Cept I can't run up the stairs two-at-a-time in this skirt. Dah well. I'm happy to avoid stairs for a day. I'll just go work out my arms in the hand-to-mouth fashion of which I'm becoming quite adept.

Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top