What say ye about an outfit's jumping-off point being a lovely coral necklace? Because that was mine. Given to me yesterday by my fabulous friend Brooke with delicious taste. I couldn't wait to wear it in an ensemble that would make it the star.

It's a perfect salmony-corally-pink, the one and only pop o' color in this outfit (minus the sash belt, which I'll explain in a minute). Mostly, I didn't want to deck myself all out in different shades of pink to go with the necklace today because (a) too matchy-matchy, and, more importantly, (b) that would turn me into a walking piece of valentine's day vomit. And I try to avoid that look whenever possible.

So I donned my faded black skinnies and a fully buttoned-up pinstripe lavendar number. I buttoned the top button so as to cover my neck and, hopefully, draw all attention to that great crochet detail on the top necklace bit. I figure there's a 50/50 chance of that happening. The other 50% probably goes a little something like "psst-check-out-that-girl-over-there-with-the-top-button-done-what-a-nerd-alert." I'll take my chances.

Unexpected & Maybe Awesome: The mix of tough (olive jacket) & feminine (heels) in this outfit. I added the jacket to neutralize, slash, downplay the lavendar. And, just because I was feeling sassy, I flipped up the collar. Add a pair of taupe mary jane heels (read about my mary jane obsession here), black pearl oyster shell earrings from Hawaii, and an attempt at a top-knot bun. [Editor's note: No, nothing died up there, people. That IS my hair, sadly enough.]

Ohp! Almost forgot. As you can see, I started out with a sash for a belt today. I don't know exactly why. But after a couple of pics, I realized I really didn't like it, so I swapped it out for a real belt. A shiny little skinny number, which I'm wearing now. Much better.

"That's all well and good, but what about the sweet rolls you mentioned in the title?" you ask. Nuts. I kind of wish you'd forgotten about that... Just like how I wish that I'd forgotten about them mid-photos this morning. But you didn't and I didn't. [Editor's note: Enter an instrumental take on "This Little Piggy"...]


Happy Tuesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top