Shoes: don't recall. Jeans & turtleneck: Gap. Belt: F21.

It all started this morning, as I lay in my flannel-sheeted bed thinking about how comfortably toasty I was and wouldn't it be glorious to stay that way all day? (Answer: Yes. Yes it would.)

Alas, we're hosting a family gathering at our house tonight, and even though I had an excellent alternative idea to move the whole party into the bedroom and I could hostess from the comfort of said toasty bedding (an idea to which, when voiced hopefully by myself, Pocket didn't even respond. Just kept on whistling in the shower like I wasn't being serious or something. I was.), it appeared that I had to make a get-dressed decision. But what could I wear that would simulate toastiness AND be party-appropriate?

Dare I wrap myself, toga-style, in my penguin-and-polar-bear-printed flannel sheet all day? I have belts enough to keep it G-rated...or PG, tops. But my tentative hopes were sufficiently dashed as the whistling in the shower continued, uninterrupted. Drat.

Enter: the turtleneck. Although I've mentioned how I'm shaped a like a broad-shouldered box, I thought it might work if I added a skinny belt about mid-height. [Editor's note: After seeing today's pics of myself, I don't love this look, toasty or not. But now I'm committed.] Kept the hair up-and-out in a topknot bun because it serves three purposes: (1) I'm lazy and didn't want to "do" my hair today (heh), (2) I'm readily available as a librarian fill-in, which are probably in high demand this time of year, and (3) even though reason #1 is sufficient, I actually didn't want to lose all view of my neck in a forest of hair.

Pair everything with a pair of dark trouser jeans (that admittedly don't fit very well anymore...sometimes "wearing what you own" can be a downer when things don't fit!) and some animal-print flats. I love an accessory or two, but what with the super-shiny belt, I wanted to keep things basic. Which is why I stuck with simple diamond stud earrings and, of course, a single silver bracelet. For security. Because I'm 5 and can't go anywhere without it.

Happy Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top