boots: target. socks: smith's marketplace. skirt: gap. shirt: pocket's. belt & hairthing: f21.

This outfit isn't much to speak of. Not lots going on, other than the fact that I busted out wearing one of Pocket's workshirts. The good news is, I'm about 99.9% sure that the engineers down at his work aren't following this blog, so they'll never know. And if they ARE reading this, the fact that I'm wearing my husband's shirt becomes one of the least of our worries, now, doesn't it.

Today's jumping-off point: this grey wool skirt. It's well over 10 years old. And it's supposed to be a pencil-skirt-that-wraps number, but I can only wear it at my hips, making my bottom half look larger than I actually am. In keeping with the bigger-is-apparently-better theme of today, I thought I'd throw on one of Pocket's shirts and waddle myself around the house. Which, for the record, is kinda fun to do on occasion. Waddle, that is. 'Cept instead of bread crumbs, I'm throwing myself fruity tootsie rolls and catching them quite adeptly, if I do say so myself. Quack.

To balance out the masculine, I overcompensated with some bling-shine-boom: a sequinilicious (yep) skinny belt, an enormous jewel-encrusted-jeweled hairthing, and diamond stud earrings. Which are real. A surprise gift from xoPocketxo himself. And I l.o.v.e. them--perfect size, shape, and stone. Thankyouverymuch.

I considered adding tights today but didn't. Maybe I subconsciously wanted to show off my neon-translucent legs? Yeah, probably that. I just felt like socks today...but only socks that yelled "supersize me!" at the manufacturing plant. Which these obviously did. And I admire them for that.

Then I got cold and added a cardigan and took three more pics. The end.

Happy Wednesday!

[Addendum: If you'd like to check it out, I'm featured today on Jill's fabulous blog, Spoils of Wear. Thanks, Jill!]


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top