shoes: head over heels. jeans & shirt: gap. jacket: banana republic. sash: old navy (came with matching shirt). flower hairthings: gifted. earrings: hawaii.


This morning everyone at our house ate whatever they wanted for breakfast. Pocket ate something healthy and was gone with a kiss on my sleepy forehead. My 2-year-old requested oatmeal. With raisins. My 4- and 6-year-olds feasted on chocolate chip pancakes (the recipe of which I have committed to memory. Sadly.).

Me? I ate yesterday's cookies. Snickerdoodles. With milk. Guiltily hunkered down in the furthest darkest cobwebbiest corner of the kitchen with my back to my darling children so they couldn't see me and follow my bad parental example.

[Editor's note: Actually, bad example, schmad exschample. Mostly I didn't want them to see me because then they'd want cookies too and there wouldn't be enough for my lunch.] Mother of the Year, baby. I'm pretty sure the plaque is in the mail.

Then I got dressed and added a satin sash for a belt. With a tuxedo shirt. And a bolero. And heels. 'Cept I cheated and wore my ugg-knockoff boots to take my puppy for a walk in the snow. Because my puppy is crazy and I happen to like having non-sprained ankles. I know. I'm weird like that.

Anyway. I like this ensemble. I felt comfy and useful and sassy all at the same time. Annnnnd, bonus, since I cleaned all the bathrooms yesterday, I'm done housekeeping for a month or two. My legs are already on vacation.

Happy Saturday.

p.s. Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

Want this look?  jeans   tuxedo shirt   bolero   shoes


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top