The sun's out today. First time in weeks...months...maybe years? Yeah, probably years. And I'm eating it up, every last ray. Hence the crouching and squinty-eyed smiles. Totally worth it.
 shoes: unionbay brand. pants: banana republic. belt & necklace: don't recall. shirt: f21. watch: citizen brand.

So, here's the thing. And it's going to probably sound odd. But. I'm totally discovering myself through doing this blog. My sense of personal style is slooooooooowly shifting to a more cohesive, manageable mass. It's nothing defineable, not yet, but as I plan outfits and get dressed and take photos and (over)analyze what I look like, I'm discovering what is and is not the true "me." Unfortunately, the True Me is proving to be a rebel. An expensive, peanut m&m-consuming rebel. Yet I can't help but adore her. 

I've been a clearance-bargain junkie my whole life. As a result, I too often end up with stuff that I don't need, fit, or even like, simply because it was cheap. And my closet, bursting in a rainbow of randomness (not a happy sparkly rainbo-brite rainbow, either...more like a scary drug-induced psychadelic one) (so I've heard. or imagined? read about? hooo boy. digging...digging...), is the sad result.

So. No more. I'm not buying things just because they're on sale anymore. Neither will I pass up an item that I love and that totally works just because it's not on sale. And I'm slowly working to transform my closet into just that -- my closet. Indivisible. With liberty and justice for all. (Feel like putting your hand over your heart with this solemn pledge? Me too. But that makes it hard to type.)

I love today's chocolate linen pants. And this shirt. I've never worn them together, but I like it (I'm a sucker for a blue/brown combo). There. Totally simple, totally done.

...Except I needed a belt. Just one.
...Then I wanted a necklace. Just one.
...THEN when I was headed out the door my watch jumped onto my wrist and clasped itself, so I sighed in resignation and checked the time. It was time to make cookies with my girls. I may or may not have eaten 7 or 12 of them. Guess. 

Happy Friday. 

p.s. Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

Want this look?   floral shirt    linen pants   flower belt


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top