shoes & shirt: american eagle outfitters. pants: gap. jacket: kohl's. bracelet: downeast outfitters. earrings: hawaii. belt: forever21.

One time I was in a class, and the instructor came in late, threw her bag down on the front table, and started yelling at us about what a crappy mood she was in. About 20 seconds later, she stopped, gathered her things, went out the door, and then came back in, smiling at everyone and telling us all how happy she was to be there. It was confusing at first, but later on we figured out that she was simply showing us what a huge difference an intro/first impression makes.

I say that as a preface to what I'm about to present to you: Firstly, that I'm totally happy today. I slept well last night, my kids are happy and being super cute, the sun is out, my quads are less sore than yesterday, and I've sneaked a few (handfuls of) pnut butter m&ms from my 2-year-old's "potty treats" stash. Like, seriously, it's an all-around good day.

I'll now disclose the second introductory truth: the fact that I am liking absolutely nothing about today's ensemble. 'Cept my hair, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as part of the "outfit." Overall, this outfit doesn't fit my mood, doesn't work in and of itself, and doesn't flatter. And I just discovered my pants are dirty. Sighhhh... 

No, I can't rock every daily outfit. But I think that's okay, because that makes the good ensembles that much better. Right, friends?...friends?...mom?... 

Anyways. Jumping-off point today was the grey shirt that you really can't see. It's got an embroidered neckline that I really like but that is proving difficult to dress. And I wore skinnies all last week so I thought I'd give them a break (translation: wash them) and go with some wide-leg trousers. [Editor's note: Apparently I prefer dirty ones, because, y'know, that's just classy.] I've also worn cardigans for many days in a row, and I plan on continuing to do so during much of the 30x30 challenge. Hence the jacket choice for today.

Braided belt, metallic flats, and a chunky bracelet that has nothing to do with the rest of the color scheme but that I thought I could maybe pull off anyway. And there you have it, kids: what not to wear, Britt-style. You're very welcome.

Happy Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top