shoes: steve madden. jeans: american eagle outfitters. shirt: Pocket's. bracelets: f21, target, kohls. necklace: gifted.

Brittany asked me to participate in a style-a-basic-white-tee thing (which is absolutely the technical title of the event, if you're wondering), upcoming on her blog. (Ohp! Spoiler Alert. TOTally forgot to prep you all...sorry. But, really, now you know how I felt when my sister spilled the beans about what happened in the last Twilight book. Actually, that's not a good comparison at all, because I probably spent 14 hours of my life begging her TO spoil it because I was too lazy to read it. Not like she busted out-of-thin-air the inside info about the baby...I had to WORK for that, guys.)

ANYways. I'm always usually on-rare-occasions-and-involving-bribes up for a challenge, so I told her I'd be happy to do it. But my brain is too tired to come up with three separate outfit ideas starring a white tee AND another outfit for today. So, even though you all get a sneak peek at one of the white tee outfits (lucky dogs), there are still two more secret and awesome looks coming up on her blog next week. So. This totally isn't cheating. I'm pretty sure. Hopefully.

Also not cheating (right?) is the fact that I stole Pocket's basic white tee because I own none of my own. And, bonus!, his was fairly new and therefore didn't have the sweat stains that inevitably befall his t-shirts. [Editor's note: Not that my husband is sweaty or gross. He's absolutely not. He is athletic and active, though, so over the course of time and thousands of bball games, his tees tend to get...ummm...well-used.] 

So, since I was using his tee anyway, I thought I'd strike up a theme here and pair it with some boyfriendish jeans. Check-check on the masculine components. Now I just needed to girlify a bit. Knot the tee, cuff the sleeves, add some enormous bright chunky jewelry, and don the infamous heeled booties of which my entire shoe collection are currently jealous. At first I was going to just pull back my hair to pretend I'm athletic, too ("pretend" being the optimum word), but with the tee's crew neck, that wasn't going to work. Crew necklines aren't the most flattering on a girl with broad shoulders. And I'm just such a girl.

So, with the hair: curl it up buttercup. Done and done. I'm liking the balanced juxtaposition of this ensemble. Yin and yang. Salt and pepper. Knock-knock jokes and something actually funny. Mullets and all other hairstyles. You get the idea...

Happy Wednesday!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top