I missed church today...didn't want to spread the strep-love. But I think I'm over the throat-on-fire hump now, and I know I've milked the sympathy, so... I won't bring it up again. Pinky swear.
shoes: head over heels. tights: don't recall. skirt & turtleneck: gap. belt: taken from a skirt from kohl's. necklace: gifted.

Today's jumping-off point was on the hit-list from yesterday's closet purge: turtleneck. I almost purged it because it has an awkward length--can't really be worn with a belt or without one. (And you know me and my belt love... "unbeltable" is pretty much a death sentence in my closet.) But I didn't WANT to toss this shirt.

Here's the thing about turtlenecks: ridiculous name. And they have a bad rap. (No offense, but I think schoolteachers in general have singlehandedly over- and ill-used this item of clothing to the point of its becoming an eye-rolling brunt of jokes and mocking. Like the Christmas sweater.) But still. I happen to like a turtleneck. Just like I like Def Lepard. Can't explain it, and some of you may never visit this blog again because of it. All I can say is...pour some sugar on me.

(ahem) I paired this black necky-neck with a brightly patterned skirt (the reverse side of this one) and added a chunky wooden necklace. So it wouldn't seem so stuffy. And so dark. Because, a turtleneck causes a looooootttt of unbroken mass-o'-black [Editor's note: An abyss, if you will.] [Assistant Editor's note: Oooh, abyss! Good word.] on a body's top half, especially if that body is also broad shouldered and built like a box. Like mine.

So. Wear the skirt a little higher-waisted than normal, add a wide belt, some thick (but not opaque--too much color-chunkiness already, what with the turtle) tights, and brown heels. I like their stitching and buckle detail, but I think booties would look cute here too. I was tempted to pull my hair up today like I did here, but it just kind of fell into this 'do. And I don't like to fight with my hair. Because it usually wins.

Happy Sunday.

Want this look?    skirt    turtleneck

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top