shoes: converse brand. jeans, long-sleeve tee, & vest: gap (what the trifecta? that. is. embarrassing.). belt: pocket's. watch: citizen brand. hairthing: gifted.

I don't know about you, but I think puffy vests are awesome. And warm. Which is a huge win-win when you check the outside thermometer every hour *fingers crossed* that you get to the 15-degrees mark that day, and heaven forbid mother nature sends you into the blazing-hot 20s because you'd probably have to break out the shorts and have a luau in such balmy temps.

I'm not bitter. I'm just sayin. It ain't hot.

(ahem) So. Puffy vest. Love mine. Throw it on over a long-sleeved tee, and we're in business. After donning some dark wash jeans, of course, because otherwise (a) chilly! and (b) gross. I was warm at this point, but felt rather, well, puffy. I happened to glance at my belt hanger...a crazy idea forming in my hot little head...

...with an internal monologue that went a little something like this: A belt? Over a PUFFY vest? Dare I? No way. I'll look like the Michelin man! Wait, is it MISHuhlin or muSHELLin? Hmmm...note to self: pay attention next tire commercial. But hopefully it won't be that one where the old lady chucks a tire in the store window...seen THAT about a bajillion times. Oh. Belts. Let's go brown.

I belted it up, donned the thickest most comfiest warmest socks I could find (Pocket's, natch), threw on my fave red converse shoes [Editor's note: They're actually my only red converse shoes, in case you're wondering. Which makes them my favorite and, technically, also my least favorite. I think I just blew someone's mind.], and braided my hair into two messy free-spirited braids. And added one loosey-goosey braid for my front bangs and pinned it back with a flower. Which I think is Unexpected and Maybe Awesome. Goes with the whole outdoorsy-backwoods(wo)man-devil-may-care vibe of today.

Happy Thursday.

Want this look? converse vest jeans long-sleeved tee
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top