Warning: This non-makeup/5-second outfit is nothing to write home about. But it's Saturday, folks, and I'm good with it if you are. And if you're not? Welp...I'm still good with it.
shoes: converse brand. jeans: kohl's. shirt, puffy vest, & hat: gap. belt: Pocket's.
I've decided to participate in ModlyChic's Friend Friday (one day late this week, but for a good reason!), where I get to answer Katy's five thought-provoking questions about style/fashion blogging each Friday. Don't roll your eyes and click away just yet...well, fine, you can. But, really, what better things do you have to do than read my innermost (kind of) thoughts on this blog? Oh. Right. Dishes, laundry, housework, schoolwork, job, kids, practically any other hobby/pasttime. Got it. Well...carry on.

Today's question is a 5-in-1 deal: So far, what have been the 5 hardest blogging lessons you’ve learned during this process and have helped make you a better blogger as a result.

Blogging Lesson 1: I can't/won't please everyone. Obviously. Everyone's different, with individual tastes, styles, preferences, comfort zones, bodies, etc. I get that. I've had to learn to shift my blogging focus away from styling myself to meet others' approval, and toward deciphering my own individual style--what works for me, my life, my mood, my nature, my closet.

Blogging Lesson 2: Don't check blog stats. When I first started blogging, I checked my blog's stats borderline-obsessively. If a few more people visited/commented one day than the day previous, I was ecstatic. If fewer did, I had to fight an abysmal mood. For the sake of my husband's and children's well-being, I had to stop letting stats affect me...which means check them less often. Like, hardly ever.

Blogging Lesson 3: I make myself vulnerable in doing what I do (blogging). That's part of the deal, for better or worse. Understanding that simple truth helps me keep my reaction to comments and responses in check.

Blogging Lesson 4: Real life is waaaay more important than blogging. Always and forever amen.

Blogging Lesson 5: People I know in real-life have varied responses when they find out that I have a style blog. Absolutely fair, we're all entitled. But, to be honest, it's sometimes a challenge to not get embarrassed or defensive if my real-life peeps think style blogging is superficial and vain. The reasons I do it are my own, and I've found this blogging community to intelligent, humorous, and inspiring...so I don't need to "defend" myself. Just smile and nod. :)

And, if you're interested in reading more, go check out other bloggers' lessons learned!

Happy Friday Saturday.

Want this look for your next Saturday? You got it...check out below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top