Mission: Accomplished. It's with mixed emotion that I've approached today. On one hand, I'm ecstatic that it's over. On the other, I'm giddy.

I'm going to title the next photo sequence: Fidgety.
 shoes: steve madden. knee-high socks: don't recall. skirt: kohl's. black shirt: thrifted. striped sweater: american eagle outfitters. belt: forever21.
Next photo sequence: Gid-Kid.
I kind of think this outfit falls brutally short, and while part of me wants to end the 30x30 challenge on a high note, the other 110% of me (a) doesn't want to do laundry just to retrieve some other items that would've worked better, (b) can hardly contain myself because Pocket gets home from his DC work trip today, and (c) is completely okay with being a little off. It just proves I'm a normal human being (albeit a quirky one...).

So. On an unrelated note, I decided that wearing platform shoes of any kind while it's snow-raining (snaining? bingo.) is brilliant because one's foot is an inch above the ground and, therefore, has a high likelihood of staying dry throughout a sploshy toddler-juggling sludge through the grocery store parking lot.

I didn't want to go grocery shopping today, mind you. I wanted to stay nice and warm and dry in my bed and watch HGTV all day while my kids entertained themselves and the dog. But I've developed an unfortunate habit of running out of food while Pocket's gone. "Dinnertime, kids! Cornflakes and celery tonight! Go easy on the milk...we have exactly 1 tablespoon for everyone. That'll double as dessert, too. Enjoy!"

Actually I think a mother (*coughmecough*) should earn bonus points for being able to keep all her children alive on crumbs and apple peels for four days. Sure, I could've gone shopping, but what's the fun in that? I tend to get creative when I'm limited. Like, how else could I have discovered that craisins on toast would make a delicious snack? (Disclaimer: I don't actually know if it would; it was going to be today's snack had I not gotten groceries. But if you want to give it a try and let me know, by all means...) It's kind of like doing the 30x30 challenge--'cept someone could actually die doing the 30x30, so you've gotta be careful...

Happy HAPPY Thursday.

p.s. I added a shiny new feature at the top of my homepage. Check it out and let me know if you're interested in being added.
p.p.s. I really did learn some good things while doing this 30x30 challenge, and I'll expand on that tomorrow during my recap post.

Want this look? It's perfect for navigating the snainy weather...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top