boots: target. tights & faux pearls: don't recall. skirt: gap. shirt: thrifted. cardigan: rue21. flower clip & polka dot sash: downeast outfitters.

Every week, my son's 1st grade teacher sends home his past week's completed schoolwork. Last night's was a typical compilation of oversized jaggedy penmanship and sloppy abstract coloring.

[Editor's note: My son's strengths are many, but fine-motor-skills-requiring schoolwork is not one of them. Which is fine. I have a brilliant, successful 41-year-old brother whose current handwriting looks like a 9-year-old's, so I'm not losing sleep over here.]

So. Glancing through the schoolwork, I come across a page that made me laugh. Out loud. It started with the printed words, "I need my teeth..." followed by three lines for the student to fill in the blanks about why they do, indeed, need their teeth. My son's reasons were as follows: (ahem)

(1) to smile. (yep)
(2) to chew. (absolutely)
(3) to atrakt a mate.

There you have it, folks. A 6-year-old on the fast-track to dental-dom and wedded bliss.

Happy Tuesday!

p.s. It's polka dot day on everybody, everywhere. I forgot and wore polka dots yesterday. Heh. Silly me. So today's look featured the sash that came with yesterday's shirt. Nice save, right? (Answer: Yes. Very nice.)

Polka Dots | Everybody, Everywear

Want this look? Aww, that's sweet of you. Check out the stuff below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top