shoes: steve madden. tights: don't recall. shorts: banana republic. shirt: thrifted. cardigan: old navy. watch: target. necklace: gift.

I think I'm trying to simulate sunshine (and thereby the debut of spring) by wearing this yellow sweater practically every day (like here). Just like I'm trying to simulate being a good cook by hiding the wrappers deep in the garbage can. The results on both counts are equally wildly successful. Winter: 1. Stouffers: 1. Brittney: big-fat-0.

My two-year-old paused from her barbie play this morning to look at me and say, "Mommy, I wite (like) yuh (your) wed wips (red lips) today. Dey so so so pity." Because the use of just one superlative adverb (totally just made title that up, I think. But it's okay...I have an English degree. I'm certified to do that kind of thing.) is never sufficient with my kiddos. Everything is really really this, super super that, and very very VERY the other.

I bet I taught them that on accident. I use multiple emphases all the time, like when referencing the deliciousness of girl scout cookies, the nonexistence of my desire to do housework, and the very real probability of my darlings' early demise if I so much as see their toes on the stairs one more time tonight.

(ahem) Okay so that's a little extreme. I would never cause my children's early demise just for getting out of bed repeatedly after bedtime. I mean, what kind of mother would that make me? Life imprisonment, maybe, but no demise.

Happy (pseudo-sunshiney) Tuesday.

Want this look? Sweet...check out the stuff below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top