shoes: mudd brand. skirt: american eagle. shirt: forever21. belt: thrifted. necklace & flower clip: downeast basics.

Someone commented the other day how tired they were of seeing people in winter scarves and tights and boots. I hadn't really thought about it until now, but...me too! Sick sick sick of wearing them. So. In a fit of "in-your-face-Old-Man-Winter" (which could, in a pinch, also double as "whose-legs-are-whiter-Old-Man-Winter's-or-mine") I'm treating you all to a delightful view of my non-tighted (and alarmingly colorless) legs. You're welcome.

Today's jumping-off point was this springy floral shirt. (I don't know if the universe is susceptible to subliminal messages, but, hey, it's worth a shot.) Paired, and I don't know why, with this mini-plaid skirt. That's "mini" as in the plaid pattern itself, NOT "mini" as in the skirt. Again, you're welcome. Some days my benevolance-ness is just overwhelming, I know.

I was absolutely digging the combo...until this polka-dotted belt flew out of my closet and landed at my ankles. Obviously, a belt around one's ankles will never ever do, but...dared I add a third print to this already jarring-ly busy ensemble?

(Here's where, if this were a TV show, we'd cut to commercial, and you'd spend the next 2.4 minutes discussing the options before me, the pros and cons of each, and how your sister's-best-friend's-niece once faced a similar dilemma and what she did about it. However, circumstances being as they are, I'll just take this moment to say: don't forget to check out this week's giveaway!)

Annnnnd, we're back. And, oh yes. I dared. A trifecta of mixed-pattern spring-y-ness, and legs that glow in and of themselves like the very sun in the sky. It's a win-win-WIN. Flowers will be sprouting forth wherever I walk today, I daresay.

Happy Wednesday.

Want this look? Shop below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top