Doing this 30x30 challenge was fabulous. MVPs were the boots and the dark skinnies...annnd probably that grey cardigan. I haven't taken an official tally, but I'm pretty sure those items earned their keep. And I learned some stuff, too, but before I share: don't make fun of me. Most of you probably know these things already. I'm a slow learner, okay?

(ahem) I learned:
1. Texture is just as interesting and important as color. I need more variety of textured items in my life.

2. I love wearing pencil skirts, but they just don't work for me every day. Sometimes I had to force it (like when I'd worn my jeans for the past two days). So I learned that I need to modify my Mom-style. Not like I'm on the fast-track to elastic pantswear, but I do need to be practical in what I choose to wear.

3. Dark jeans are a necessary part of a wardrobe.

4. I don't actually need a ton of clothes, which is ironic because that's been my mindset for the past 30 years (I've always tried to get more for cheaper...not fewer but better). I have lots more ideas to mix these items--I never actually felt like, "I have nothing to wear." My biggest challenge was keeping up with laundry. Heh.

5. Sometimes I make style choices for the purpose of this blog--adding or doing something that will make an ensemble more interesting. It's subconscious, I think, because I'll find myself switching those things out about halfway through my day because they just aren't "me." But I think that's part of my personal style journey, which happeno be documented here for all the world (yep) to see, so I'm not ashamed to admit it. I will say, though, that I'm definitely figuring out my own style and am trying to stay true to that...even if it makes for a dull post. Probably I'm just a dull person at heart. Excuse me for a sec, I'm off to sip some flat 7Up...

6. I actually prefer having fewer clothing options. I think the closet purge will continue.

7. I learned to love items that I didn't much like previously. Like that olive jacket and the black pencil skirt. And, to be honest, the reversible skirt. Weird, huh? Because I think those items are the ones that just "worked" the best.

Welp, that's it. That's all I learned. And if it isn't and I just forgot to type something in here, then I guess that little tidbit will remain mine and mine alone. Mostly because it was obviously not worth mentioning in the first place.

My personal favorites are Days 1, 10, and 27. (And maybe 18 and 29, but that's just getting vain.) Ones I wish I could erase are Days 16 and 24. Ugh.

Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top