shoes: mudd brand. pants: gap. shirt & belt: kohl's. cradigan: j.crew. watch: target. earrings: open jewelry market in hawaii.

So, it snowed last night. Multiple inches' worth. Raise your hand if you think I was happy about that little discovery. If your hand is raised, take this opportunity of fingers-near-head proximity to flick yourself in the forehead, because you're WRONG. Snow snow go away.

Can I just say, for the record, that I love this shirt? The collar is among my favorite collars of all time, and the sheen and color are so sweet yet sophisticated. (My daughters loooove the very most assuredly authentic "diamond" buttons.) But here's the deal: for some inexplicable reason, I don't wear it that much. I always think of it as too "fancy" for everyday wear, for me anyway. And it's an odd length that makes a to-tuck-or-not-to-tuck-that-is-the-question decision frustrating.

But it was today's jumping-off point, simply because I haven't worn it too much. I needed it to be appropriate weekday attire, so I picked other pretty casual items. Like these ooooold wide-leg pants and simple cardigan and nudish mary janes. (I like how my feet just kind of disappear in this ensemble--Unexpected & Maybe Awesome.)

I added the wide slightly-formal pinstripe belt to serve as kind of a mediator between simple and schmancy here. I like how it turned out. A perfect ensemble for performing a vehement snow-melt dance, which I may or may not be doing every hour on the hour today. I'll never tell, but if the snow mysteriously disappears from my lawn before everyone else's, it won't be a coincidence. I'm just sayin'.

Happy Wednesday.

Want this look? Sweet. Bust out your snow-removal dance moves, then shop below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top