shoes: cato brand. jeans & shirt: old navy. (Amendment: Crap. It's actually Downeast Outfitters. Sorry.) belt: forever21. bracelet: hawaii. flower clips: gift.

I don't usually style my tops to be poofier in the stomach area, mainly because I'm blessed with enough natural, ah, "poof" that I don't need/want to build upon it. It'd be like pouring extra sugar into those fun-dip packets, or putting marshmallows into already sugary cereal. Like, who would DO that, right? (*blush* ehhh...me, I guess. Poof-ified the stomach and fed my kids lucky charms for breakfast. Two for two. Awesome.)

Dah well. Inspired by E., I decided to flounce it up a bit today. But I wanted to keep myself from floating off (into the great white yonder), so I maintained a very structured leg-line. Add my favorite crochet-peeptoe-wedges (a trifecta of yumminess, if you ask me), a side braid with a hint of hippie in the flower pins, and a turquoise bracelet for contrast.

I wasn't sure about the bracelet, to be honest. The shirt is bold enough, I don't know if a contrast was actually necessary. But red + turquoise just happens to be one of my favorite color combos, so I ran with it today. Which would be awesome if I did, in fact, run. With anything, anywhere. Unfortunately, the closest thing I've done to that these past few months has been to plod to the cupboard for a cadbury mini egg or eight. (Whereupon, I stop and gasp for about an hour to restock ye ol' oxygen supply... C'mon, spring. This girl needs to exercise!)

Happy Monday.
Want this look? I don't think you'll regret it. Check out the stuff below...

1 comments:

 
Top