boots: (all together now) target. tights & necklace: don't recall. skirt: gap. tunic & belt: forever21. cardigan: the limited. bracelet: open jewelry market in hawaii.

So many style blogs out there have beautiful photos. The outfits are good, too, but the photography itself is straight-up eye candy. I'm very impressed.

And then...there's this blog. Self-timer, same exact backdrop every day. Sure, the poses are slightly modified on the daily, but all in all, the only thing that really changes around here is what I'm wearing. (And, FINE, the zit placement on my face. Blugh.) 

There are loads of cool photog sites in my town, and I've toyed with the idea of branching out. But I've decided against it for a few reasons: (1) As much as I love you all, I'm just too lazy to tote kids around to take some photos of myself. (2) I'm lazy. (3) I have kids. (4) Did I mention I'm lazy? "Lazy with Children"...sweet name for a TV show... 

It's just about all I can do to get these pics snapped in the morning whilst the kids dine on a fabulous homemade breakfast (homemade by a man named General Mills...ever heard of him?). I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying. That's why I photog, day in and day out, in this spot in my house: it's convenient and I can multitask while doing it. Bam. Done and done. Still in the Mother of the Year running.

But that's not to say these self-photo shoots run like clockwork every day. Even in this controlled environment, complications arise. Like this morning. But it's the cutest, most free-spirited little complication I've ever seen: 


Happy Thursday.

Want this look? Check out similar items below: 

1 comments:

 
Top