shoes: don't recall. white legs: wyntair au natural. skirt: thrifted. slip: a slip shop. shirt & jacket: kohl's. bracelet: forever21. earrings: hawaii.

Confession: up until about 4 months ago, my legs have been the bane of my existence. Well, nearly. I've spent my whole life being embarrassed of them, because to me they were simply massive hunks o' whale blub. Or something equally as unflattering. Even as a long-distance runner, I couldn't do anything to slim them down. Which was frustrating and embarrassing and annoying.

Enter: this blog beginning in December, which involved taking daily photos of me, which (naturally) involved my legs...or some super awkward poses. Oh. Wait...

Maybe I've become numb to them (the sight of my legs) after sorting through hundreds of self-pics over the past few months. Maybe my acceptance of and appreciation for different body types has changed as I've viewed and enjoyed countless other style blogs. Maybe...I dunno. Can't think of any other scenarios. But for whatever glorious reason, I'm not ashamed of my legs anymore. Sure, they're white. Sure, my calves are larger than the average bear's. Sure I'll never be able to pull off some styles because of them.

But it's okay, because they're functional. They're very forgiving of the pounding I put them through by running. They go wherever I want them to, whenever I want them to. And they keep my feet attached to the rest of my body...which is good because I happen to like shoes. 

Anyway. This post is dedicated to you, legs o' mine. In all your winter-whitened glory. *clink & drink*

Happy Monday!

p.s. Has anyone else experienced a lifetime outlook change as a result of style/fashion blogging? Or reading blogs? Seriously, I'd love to hear.
p.p.s. If you're a modest style blogger, don't forget to click on "Modest Style Blogs" in my top navigation bar and follow the instructions...
p.p.p.s. Could this post's "goodbye" be any more drawn-out and awkward? Nope.

Want this look? Sweet. Simply stay indoors for 6 months, then shop the following: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top