So I'm getting lazy in my old age. Meh.
 booties: steve madden. socks: don't recall. skirt & jacket: kohl's. belt: f21. watch: target.

A few things I'd love to bring up here, and I'd love your feedback if you have a thought or opinion. Which is code for: This is a test, kids. Get out your #2 pencils. (ahem) 

(1) Socks with this skirt. The skirt is verrry business-esque (try saying that 10 times fast. not a chance), and I wanted to make it more casual and fun. AKA, the knee-high socks bandit rides again. Mistake or Awesome?

(2) Brown socks and black skirt. Here's the thing: I didn't want all black-blackness in the ensemble. Sometimes I think that's a little harsh. But these (the socks and skirt) are close enough in color, kind of, that it almost looks like I made a mistake and unintentionally grabbed brown socks thinking "no one'll notice..." Which, yes, it might be a mistake (that's what I'm trying to determine with you all), but it wasn't unintentional. So. Socks/skirt coloration conundrum: Mistake or Awesome? Or somewhere in-between?

(3) Pencil skirt as a stay-at-home mom. I think I made a mistake in selecting my 30x30 items, because 3 of the 7 bottoms are pencil skirts. I adore them. But they're just not that practical to wear so often when I crawl around the house playing "here kitties" with my 2-year-old, or when I have to do laundry and am having to lean waaaay over to scoop out that stubborn sock in the back of the dryer, or other odds and ends of activities that fill my life. What do you guys say: pencil skirt as regular at-home attire: Mistake or Awesome? Or just plain stupid?

(4) Lack of necklace. I had one on originally and then took it off because I love this belt buckle so much, and I felt like the two were competing. But I do feel a little bare/plain. So. Mistake or Awesome?

Anything else that catches your eye that you either like about this ensemble, or that you think would've made it better? Seriously. This one needs help.

Happy Tuesday!

Want this look? You don't have to answer that...just click below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top