boots: target. tights & bracelet: f21. skirt & shirt: gap. belt: thrifted (american eagle outfitters). necklace: don't recall.

Happy Valentines Day! Or, as I used to know it as, Single Awareness Day. I already busted out my only 30x30 article of clothing in a Color-o-Love yesterday, so I decided to go completely neutral today then BAM. Red colored tights! Totally a nod to the holiday in a small (yet effective) way. My own little flirtation with the world.

Not really. See how I can't wink in the photo above? See how, in the next photo, I seem to think that a sufficient celebration of the holiday is trying to make my arms form a heart? See how, lastly, I'm ashamed of myself? Flirtation with the world nothin'. It's all I can do to keep my grubby little fingers out of the conversation hearts around here. Actually, truth be told, those things are...how do I say it lovingly...not delicious. (Sorry, Brach's. But they aren't.) 

But we buy them anyway. Every year. I dunno why...have you ever tried to create a cohesive sentence with them, let alone conversation? It's impossible. I think the closest I ever came was when I was 10. Something like: HEY CUTIE BE MINE. NO WAY(?) TOO BAD DEAR ONE. EMAIL ME. BYE."

Yes, it was a riveting play-by-play of a breakup conversation. I'm sure your emotions ran high, as mine did, when you got to the climax of the scene, but you were able to laugh through your tears when you saw the protagonist's resiliency. It's a beautiful scene, and I haven't been able to re-create a comparable conversationally-hearted one since. Sighhhh...

Anyways. It's a fabulous holiday to spend with the one(s) you love. Which is what I'm off to do. And, bonus, my knees match the balloons. So.

Happy Monday.

Want this look? Check out how you can get it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top