I don't fight with my kids about clothes--they wear what the want to wear about 98% of the time. (The other 2% constitutes stuff like, "Yes, you must wear a coat when it's 2 degrees outside. No, not flip flops...")

I dunno why I just told you that. Probably because it's 1 a.m., I've been working for 7 hours, and my brain is fried. And because somehow, in my delusional logic, it was a segway into my 4-year-old Layla's busting out all matter-of-fact like: "I'm wearing this skirt because I just like being stylish n' stuff."

Cue me, biting the insides of my cheeks to keep from spitting my pancake out in laughter. And surprise. But mostly laughter. You guys. Please someone come save me from my unintended parental example-setting mishaps. 
Cue me again, after pancake-loss crisis averted, nodding thoughtfully and responding carefully, "Yes, I think your skirt is very stylish. I like wearing things that make me feel good, too. But what makes me feel even better is doing things that make Jesus happy."

Nice save? Nice try? Who knows. If these cute kids turn out normal, it'll all be because of their dad...and maybe a Christmas miracle or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top