I belted the jacket in the picture above so my number three could be streamlined. It seems as though some of you are worried for me as the numbers increase in complexity. But in the words of Donald Sutherland, "Have a little faith, baby. Have a little faith." (Kelly's Heroes. One of my fave movies.)
boots & watch: target. socks: smiths marketplace. tights: gift. skirt: j.crew. belt: Pocket's. shirt: gap. blazer: thrifted (the limited). necklace: downeast outfitters.

Sometimes my hair is longer than I think. So I try a new hairdo that I didn't think would work and viola! It totally works. Then I move my head and the 'do comes tumbling out, and I realize, nope. Totally doesn't work.

I don't think I could successfully go through an airport security scanner with all the metal fasteners, barrettes, bobbies, and other junk in my hair to try to keep this side braid in. And then it would probably take me too long to pull them all out so I wouldn't be able to go on my trip. Which would be fine if I were flying somewhere lame like Iceland in the dead of winter. Or my backyard in the dead of winter, for that matter. Frigid-temps samesies.

Speaking of coldness: my 2- and 4-year-olds are officially sick. I had wanted to get some stuff done (i.e., grocery shopping, car & house cleaned, m&m supply restocked, etc.) before Pocket gets home tomorrow (!!!!!), but it looks like the more important things we'll be doing today involve hanging out in the rocking chair. And reading Brown Bear Brown Bear on endless repeat. And watching Angelina Ballerina. And wiping noses. And guzzling medicine. And snuggling.

[Editor's note: I suppose some could say I'm a tad overdressed for just such an itinerary. But I didn't realize just how sick the kiddos were until after I was dressed. My girls think I look pretty, though, so I didn't want to change.]

I guess when it comes down to it, who really needs groceries? We're living on love around here. Love and cough syrup. Probably in equal proportions.

Happy Thursday.

How I last wore these pieces: purple tights, denim pencil skirt, tuxedo shirt

Want this look? Click on the stuff below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top