In my head, my body loooked smaller and my arms were much, much larger. I guess, in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather have a lame-looking number four than those proportions, though. So.
shoes: american eagle outfitters. legwarmers: amazon (i think). tights: don't recall. skirt & shirt: gap. cardigan: j.crew. flower pin: downeast outfitters.

Charlie really wanted to be part of today's photo shoot. I tried to get him to look at the camera so you could see how cute he is, but he could only feast his brown puppy-dog eyes [Editor's note: No, seriously. They really are brown, and he really is a puppy.] on me. Because he loves me with that one-of-a-kind love that exists only between a dog and his beloved owner...and, in Charlie's case, between him and any human being who pets him and gives him treats. (Remind me why I'm a dog owner again? Oh, right. Because shoveling the backyard is so fun. I forgot.)

Actually, we were reading all about canines before we picked what kind of dog we wanted last Fall. In one of our books on boxers, we read that this breed tends to be fiercely loyal and protective; that they can sense if their loved ones are afraid or wary of someone and will compensate with protective bravery. After picking out our puppy, our 6-year-old son informed us, "Don't worry guys. I'll be so so nice to you so Charlie won't attack you."

Thank you, son. Because your dad and I were both quivering at the idea of an 8-week-old puppy attack. And also? Go clean your room.

Happy Pocket-Gets-Home-Today Friday! What, you're not celebrating too? Strange.

How I wore these items last: skirt, cardigan, leg warmers, ruffle shirt

Want this look? Check out the stuff below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top