Don't think about a panda bear. Hah! You totally pictured one, didn't you. Don't feel bad though, friends. I'm a Master of Mind Control. Like this: Don't think that the framed pic below is hanging straight.
 Did it work? It totally worked, right?... Aw crap.
 shoes: union bay brand. wide leg pants & shirt: gap. cardigan: j.crew. watch: citizen brand. earrings: hawaii.

 So many things to say, so little energy to type. What's a girl to do?

I'm going to trust that the majority of my readers are female (aside from the Mystery Synchronized Diver researcher...I tend to believe he's male. But that's just me.). Even so, I'm not sure how to tell you all how much I think periods really suck. But I'll try. How 'bout this: periods really suck.

Thus, today's ensemble had two purposes: (1) comfort. Like, the kind of comfort achieveable almost exclusively by wrapping up in a 90-year-old family heirloom quilt (there's no substitute. really.) with only one's mouth exposed so that rich dark chocolates can be (read: are) periodically (read: every minute) dropped (read: shoveled) in (read: in). Today's wide leg pants and cardigan? Definitely check-check.

Which makes me wonder if Mr. Rogers was usually in pain or something, to always have busted out the cardigan on his show, but that's another discussion for another day. [Editor's note: But what is a discussion for today is the fact that, even as a kid, I remember being annoyed by Mr. Rogers. Am I alone in this?]

Ahem. Today's outfit also had to include (2) no belt. No restrictive device anywhere, anyhow, for that matter. Unless you count a watch as being restrictive (I suppose one could feel that way...but I don't), then check-check again. Checkmate, in fact.

Speaking of...is it bad that my 6-year-old can whoop me in chess? Not kidding. Even when I try my best and give him hints (and/or give him false leading tips to get him off-track), he beats me. And you wanna know why? For some reason, in the thick of the game, I always forget that the king is more important than the queen. I almost always lose because I'm protecting that magical queen--forwards, backwards, AND diagonal? I mean, you just can't beat that kind of weapon. There's probably a deeply significant psychological interpretation for people like me. Like "weird."

Annnnnnd...a rare treat for all you loveable readers out there: Outtakes. [Editor's note: Not that outtakes are in and of themselves rare around here. Just the fact that I'm posting them is rare. But these were too good to pass up. And by good I mean lame. Natch.]
You're welcome. And happy Monday.

Want this look? Check out the stuff below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top