Use your imaginations, kids. There's a "10" in there somewhere.
boots: target. tights: don't recall.  slip: a slip shop. skirt: gap. shirt: banana republic. cardigan: rue21. necklace: gifted. belt: forever21.

May I have a re-do of yesterday's post? Pretty please? I meant it to be light-hearted and optimistic; I'm afraid it read as a somber prelude to depression. So let's lighten the mood, shall we? With some wit. And humor. Real soon, I'm going to write something funny. Hilarious, even. Useful for humorous ice-breaking fodder at your next party. Wait for it. Waiiiiiit for iiiiiittttttttt.... 

Dang. I got nothin.

My roommates in college (the same ones responsible for Item #1 here. tsk tsk. such bad influences on poor innocent bystanding me...) were all hilarious. All of them. Well, okay, MOST of them. And the ones who weren't funny (i.e., me) usually laughed so hard we turned purple and couldn't breathe and were thereafter dubbed "Purps." But we most assuredly drew the line at peeing our pants. Maybe.

ANYways. Sometimes if things got too serious or quiet or boring, one of us would turn to someone at random and demand, "be funny!" The person then had to do/say/be something funny. Which is virtually impossible to do on-the-spot. It's like when people say, "what's your most embarrassing moment?" or "think of two truths and a lie" or "what's your kid's name?" Can NEVER think of a response right then, but give me about 15 hours, and I'll come up with something sweet. Something hilarious and clever and repeatable.

[Editor's note: Actually, I can remember all my kids' names. I was just kidding about that. It was more of a lighthearted jab directed at Pocket, who, after the delivery of our third child, couldn't remember her name to save his life. Or his good-standing with my dad, who was waiting patiently on the other end of the phone for his newest granddaughter's name and deets. Those poor husbands, man. Poor poor little dears. So exhausted after watching their wives give birth... :) ]

On a completely unrelated note, remember this fabulous slip from A Slip Shop? It always makes me want to break out in some sort of dance in that day's photo shoot, and I won't even apologize because, frankly, it's not my fault. The slip just makes me so happy! You should all get yourselves one, too.

Then you could dance in front of your camera and post the pics for all the world to see. Your mother, like mine, will be so proud of your feminine dignity. Right mom?...mom?... Hmmm...she must've stepped out for a sec. But trust me, guys. She's way proud and not embarrassed of me at all.

Happy Thursday!

p.s. This skirt that I'm wearing today? Same as this one. Do YOU have a magic skirt?
p.p.s. Another product review coming up this weekend from Kosher Casual! You guys, I couldn't be more excited about it. The skirt they kindly sent me is cuuuuute.

Want a look that makes you dance? Check out the stuff below AND Kaity's shop...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top