boots & watch: target. tights: giftedn. magic skirt: gap. shirt: j.crew. belt: don't recall.

Today's jumping-off point was this shirt. I adore everything about it--the color, the cowl neck, the sleeves, everything. But for some reason, I'm having a hard time styling it. So I decided that I'd put it on and see what else flew out of my closet and landed on my body, Mary Poppins cleanup-style.

[Editor's note: Maybe it's just me...it's probably just me...but has anyone else DREAMed of being able to snap your fingers and have results like that? Clean house, straightened appearance, birds singing outside the window? Hello. If I ever run into a genie-filled-lamp, the Magic Snap is TOTally in running. Along with an endless supply of calorie-free-yet-still-delicious pnut m&ms. I'd tell you my idea for the 3rd wish, but I haven't narrowed it down yet, and you just can't be too hasty in making these important life decisions. So.]

Ahem. Since I've worn pants the past couple of days, a skirt was in order. But no pencil skirt. (I definitely overestimated my desire to wear pencil skirts during this 30x30) Which leaves magic skirt. I almost wore the print side, but it's snowy and chilly and I wanted to be warmer with boots (for the four-thousandth time this week) and some colored tights.

Solid shirt, solid skirt, solid tights, and solid footwear. Normally I don't do this.much.solid.color. But today I left it alone. Simple belt, hairstyle, and a watch as my only other accessory. I think the color of the tights just ties in the whole look here. A bit Unexpected and Maybe Awesome.

Speaking of unexpected... *snap*

Nuts. Dishes are still dirty. Never hurts to try, though, right? *snap* Okay. I'll sto*snap*p. No really. Don*snap*e. I wanted to wash the dishes by hand anyways. So. Joke's on you, Poppins.

[Editor's note: Outtakes below. Legitimate pose attempts in all their magnificent embarrassingness. I have nothing to say for myself, 'cept that a Magic Snap would reeeeeally come in handy right about now. Clean these right off all our computers.]

Happy Friday.

Want this look? I don't blame you. I like it too. Check out the stuff below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top