(This number match would've been PERFECT if I only had a hairier back. And jaggedy shins...)
shoes: steve madden. leggings: don't recall. skirt & striped shirt: gap. floral shirt: f21. bracelet: downeast outfitters. earrings: hawaii.

 Sorry about allllllll the photos today...I was editing and chatting at the same time and didn't realize how many photos I'd done. Thus...one bazillion pics of yours truly. Best day of your life, I know. You're welcome.
So, there's snow outside. Just a wee bit, though, on a few sidewalks. [Editor's note: Can I use words like "wee" even if I'm not Irish? or Scottish? Discuss, but only in brogue accents.] And, although this footwear would indeed fall under the "sandal" category, I think the designers secretly had snow in mind. See the platform? Yep. Like snowshoes to keep my toes out of the snow. Brilliant.

This outfit is kinda everywhere at once. Floral & stripes, button-up and henley tee, pencil skirt and chunky bracelet, crazy patterned leggings and gladiator wedges...really, today there's no method to my madness. But I think it's Unexpected and Maybe Awesome.

And actually, if you were to peek into my soul today, you'd find an equally...um...varied array of emotion. I'm content, somber, wild, flighty, giddy, focused, and, above all, joyful. Despite the fact that my puppy broke my favorite watch yesterday. And the fact that my darling 4-year-old has missplaced (no doubt forever) one of her new ballet slippers. And the fact that my heart and thoughts rarely stray from Pocket's grampa, fighting for his life, and gramma, watching her beloved fight for his life.

There is sadness and fear and awfulness in my world at times. But the fact remains that last night my little family laughed until we cried. And all three kidlets now love Charlie the puppy. (Our 4-year-old has been struggling since we got Charlie last October. And when I say "struggling," what I really mean is "petrified" and "expressed in 180-decibel paranoid screams if the dog so much as glanced her way.") And we played and hung out and created a golden glow of warmth and home even in a fluorescent-bulbed basement (not exactly the coziest of lighting devices; I think we'll be switching back. Don't tell the Green Police on me. At least not til after taxes...).

Anyways. Despite its ups and downs and in-between plateaus, life is delicious and lovely. And I wanted today's ensemble to reflect that. Now if only the buttons were edible hunks o' chocolate...

Happy Wednesday.

Does this ensemble make you happy too? Check out the stuff below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top