Forgot to put my boots back on after braving the backyard. But you probably didn't notice that because you're laughing too hard at my contorted, concentrating facial expression. That's fine. Laugh away.

 boots: target. jeans: kohl's. cardigan: j. crew. sweater shirt: vintage. scarf: sweden. flower hairclip: downeast outfitters.

I tried an experiment today and had Pocket take my photos outside. It was fun. But...what do you think? Do you miss the trademark-crazy indoors shots of my blog? I dunno...I might mix it up on occasion. And by "on occasion" I mean, of course, "on Saturdays of decent light when there are no important games on TV, chores to do, places to go, or people to see." Soooo...tune in for our next husb-and-wife photo shoot in 2014...

Today's jumping-off point was this cardigan. There's something about her that speaks to me when I need nothing more than to be comfortable. [Editor's note: Coincidentally, her name is Grey, and when she speaks she sounds like an asthmatic 4'5" gramma who dyes her hair purple and who's smoked a pack-a-day for the last 63 years and isn't ready to stop now. Sassy. And gravel-throated.] Anyways. Freezing in ye ol' homestead, I decided to go with a long-sleeved number underneath.

Enter skinnies & boots for extra warmth, and this pretty scarf that my mom sent me from Sweden. And my favorite cow socks. 'Cept you all weren't supposed to know about those...but you do now because I took my boots off after coming inside after taking pics (you following this backwards logic? it's like reading the Matrix script...practically...) because I own a dog who is housetrained which means our backyard in winter is, shall we say, dangerous terrain. One false step could be deadly. Exhibit A: the sole of my left boot. I don't care what anyone says, though...I'll take that over a bird's bomb on the forehead any. day. of. the. week.

Wow. This post has taken an unexpected turn for the worse. My brain insists on taking weekends off. And every thirdTuesday. 

 Happy Saturday.

How I last wore these items: scarf, green sweater, cardigan

Want this look? Check out the stuff below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top