Amazing how easy the number "1" is to act out. Also amazing how, despite it's straightforwardness, I still look nothing like the digit... 

 boots & watch: target. jeans & jacket: kohl's. shirt & belt: vintage.

Hey friends, sorry for the drama of me over the past day or two. I kinda freaked out. But, after a good couple solid hours of HGTV last night (Pocket's out of town this week, and I tend to snuggle up to the warm glow of the television when he's gone) and even some sleep, I promise: no more freakout weirdness from me! (Relatively speaking about the weirdness, of course.)

This is seriously going to be fun. [Editor's note: Nevermind the fact that I also think working sudoku puzzles, doing mental math while jogging, and mowing the lawn are all FUN!... doesn't everybody?]

I was thinking, though, that this challenge might actually turn out to be a little too easy. Maybe an awesome twist would be to have everyone bring their 30 items to an island, and we hang out there. With lots of cameras around. We'd eat rice and live off the land. Some of us will be periodically abrasive and rude ("you totally copied my ensemble from yesterday! you WENCH!" *commence cat-fight*) to boost ratings. Then we get voted off the island. Winner gets 1 million accessories. We could call it Survivor. Seriously. I think a show like that might last 5 or 13 or 86 seasons. Who's in?

Today's jumping-off point was this red polka dot shirt. Which, there's something about polka dots that makes me want to wear my hair curly. Just like there's something about pnut m&ms that makes me want to live in a world where their consumption (in huge quantities) is encouraged and, ultimately, vital for survival. Like a super-delicious version of carbon.

Add my favorite dark skinnies, which I didn't wear all last week, because I knew they'd prob be the MVP for this coming month. I originally had a cardigan with this, but everything felt too drapey-drapey. So. Structured jacket to the rescue, big fatty random blue belt (Unexpected and Maybe Awesome for me here), and boots that originally weren't going to come out and play today but it's just too stinking cold to wear anything else.

Anyway, this ensemble is perfect for my imminent tasks for today: (1) Fold and put away laundry. (2) Help my 4-year-old find her zhu zhu pet. And if you think neither of those sounds all that important, well, think again. Actually, I just thought again, and...maybe you're right. Tomorrow, then. Maybe I'll go call Mark Burnett about my show idea instead...

Happy Monday!

Check out how I wore this stuff last: jacket, polka dot topdark skinnies, & boots.

Want this look? Click on the stuff below...

1 comments:

 
Top