Baby steps for three more days of doing those numbers... Will someone remind me next time that I'm just too old and creaky? Pretty please?
booties: steve madden. jeans: american eagle. polka dot top & blazer: thrifted (but...old navy & the limited). belt: forever21. flower pin: downeast outfitters. watch: target.

Sometimes my world moves verrrrry slooooowly. Like right now. I'm sitting here in the kitchen, listening to my puppy snore, my 2-year-old talk about how pretty she'll look at her wedding (??? and again I say ???), and my 4-year-old and her BFF giggling adorably over their newly created play-doh Ice Cream Flower Garden. It's like time has stopped for a few minutes, because I'm fully invested in the moment called Now.

Of course, one can always take that time-stand-still mindset to an uncomfortable extreme. Like I did, when I (again) thought I could pull off double braids. C'mon, though. A blazer totally cancels out the juvenility (yep, made that one up...I think...), and then I've still got on heels, so I figure I'm 1 point in the positive for dressing my age. Two points if you count the watch, which means I could've actually tied ribbons around the braids, too. Next time.

Speaking of Now, there are some leftover snickerdoodles sitting on the counter that won't be here Later. And if that kind of time-manipulation speak confuses you, I don't recommend watching Inception. Or riding in elevators. Just in case.

Happy Monday.

Want this look? Totally don't blame you. Check out (similar) goods:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top