I almost did this today. But then I didn't.
 But I'm going to be honest. My head looks a little naked without it. Am I right? 
 shoes: unionbay brand. jeans: so brand. white tee: gap. cardigan: kohl's. scarf: gifted (but...old navy). turtle shell bracelet: open market on kauai (hawaii). beaded bracelet: gifted.

Today's jumping-off point: this purple cardigan. I haven't worn it for a while (years?) for some reason. Maybe because I kind of feel like I look pregnant in it. [Editor's note: NOT that being pregnant is at all a bad thing, for heaven's sake. I just don't want to look it when I'm not. I don't think I'm too weird for feeling that way...]

I needed today's outfit to meet several criteria: (a) comfy. because my throat is on fire and swollen and feels like the start of strep, (b) still appropriate for public view because I have to take my van to a car place this afternoon, and (c) again, I say comfy. and warm. 

I love the sleeves on this sweater; they flare out at the ends, and it makes me feel like a medieval lady. Kind of. A white v-neck tee underneath, grey skinny jeans (to go with the cool color palette of today), and some blue flats that I can easily kick off and replace with my pink-and-white-cloud-puffy-slippers at home. (*gasp* Who adMITs that? Me, apparently.)

Due to aforementioned sore throat, I really really wanted something around my neck today. It's soothing. So I turned this scarf temporarily into an O scarf and hid the yellow with safety pins. Perfect. My hair's not much to speak of...but it's...it's...done...? [Editor's note: That's the best I could come up with? Ouch.]

And in an enthusiastic nod [Editor's note: It's actually more like a throbbing-headed-nod...but a nod nonetheless] to the 80s, I added a turquoise bracelet to combo up with the purple. Reminds me this girl named Kristin in elementary school who had a billion different colored canvas shoes and one time she wore two pairs of socks on each foot--teal on top, purple on the bottom on one foot, and the opposite order on the other foot. And, like the proverbial cherry-on-top (or salt-in-the-wound, as the case may be), she had teal-and-purple plaid canvas shoes. Oooh, she was the envy...

Happy Friday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top