confession #4 i had a bit of a freakout tonight. i have the loveliest pair of diamond earrings my mum gave me for my 21st birthday. they are sparkly and beautiful and i am so paranoid of losing them that i find myself constantly patting my earlobes at totally inappropriate moments. so tonight i was standing at the entrance to my pilates class, pulled out my earphones and -- fuck, no left earring... so, dear readers, you may now picture me crawling along the main street of kings cross, in front of all the strip joints and mcdonald's diners and bouncers, my eyes glued to the pavement in hope of seeing something - anything! - sparkling. a sweet homeless man also helped me look and asked me where he should send it if he found it. 

standing in my apartment an hour later, completely resounded to the fact that it would be soon trodden on by someone in really ugly stilettos, i took off my gym clothes and there it was, innocently falling out onto my hardwood floors. bloody thing. i felt a bit stupid really...

okay, freakout over, no more boring earring stories -- i promise. 
onto the pretty things!

in my travels today, i came across a Korean designer by the name of Luna Seo who recently exhibited at the Sydney DesignBoom market. she has a very unique signature style for such a young designer (she's in her early 20's, i'm pretty sure) - very clean strong lines, environmentally-sound and always with a surprising twist. 
like this tea-mug:



ingenious huh? can't you just see an aromatic brew of earl grey steaming hot, warm hands around white porcelain and sugar biscuits dunked in...

at the other spectrum, i love Adam Frank's work. a renowned US designer, his stuff has been floating around for awhile now, but has only recently gained popularity over here. his passion is light and how it interacts in unusual ways. i fell head over heels for his 'lumen' oil lamps when i discovered them late last year and they have been on my wishlist ever since...



i had such a productive day at work today that i am going to reward myself with a night in, a bit of spicks+specks, a square or two of lindt pear+almond choc and a nice little blog browse. all with two (yes, two) diamonds safely pinned on my ears. hurrah!

ness x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top