when i left adelaide a year ago to start a new life in sydney-town, there wasn't much I thought I'd miss apart from my family and friends. after 21 years of living in one city, it felt like i had eaten at every decent restaurant, explored nearly every alleyway and discovered all the best boutiques. not to say that i don't love the city in which i grew up -- here, in the city of big-shots, i find myself quite frequently defending my beloved city of churches and murderers. 

tomorrow i'm hopping on a jet plane that will take me home for the first time in 9 months. 

i really really must start packing but for now I'll leave you with my current music obsession, the freakishly-talented Megan Washington. a frequently played artist on triple j, miss megan not only has a voice like liquid gold, but writes hauntingly perfect lyrics in a similar fashion to regina spektor. i've posted her singing ishmael live below. it does start off slow but please keep listening, it's so worth it...




and this is sweet-megan-turned-rock chick, doing a cover of The Kings of Leon hit king of the rodeo with UK band The Bamboos





ness x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top